Monday, July 5, 2010

QuAIA break their own guidelines at yesterday's Pride Parade

After Chelsey Lichtman and a few of her friends with cameras crossed from the opposite side of the QuAIA contingent to approach me and talk with me (I remained silent),


this guy left the marchers and stood directly in front of me with his large sign in an effort to stop me from videotaping. (I silently stepped around him.)

They were in contravention of their own guidelines for marching in the Pride Parade:


One of their chants was, "We're queer, we're pissed, we're anti-Zionist." Yeah, no kidding. You coulda knocked me over with a feather boa.

I also heard, "Viva viva Palestina, viva viva intifada."

Intifada? What does that mean?
"The intifada was violent from the start. During the first four years of the uprising, more than 3,600 Molotov cocktail attacks, 100 hand grenade attacks and 600 assaults with guns or explosives were reported by the Israel Defense Forces. The violence was directed at soldiers and civilians alike. During this period, 16 Israeli civilians and 11 soldiers were killed by Palestinians in the territories; more than 1,400 Israeli civilians and 1,700 Israeli soldiers were injured. Approximately 1,100 Palestinians were killed in clashes with Israeli troops.

"Throughout the intifada, the PLO played a lead role in orchestrating the insurrection."
That's weird. I thought we were celebrating Gay Pride yesterday.

Update: Welcome, readers of Halls of Macadamia!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious...is being hideous mandatory to join QuAIA??

Josephine said...

"Pretty is as pretty does."